Location: Minneapolis, MN or Remote
Experience Level: Mid-level
We are Astro HQ and we build hardware and software tools that unlock creativity and productivity. Tools like:
- Astropad – Software that turns the iPad into a high-end drawing tablet.
- Luna Display – The first hardware solution that turns the iPad into a wireless second display.
We are looking for a hands-on technical engineering leader, product owner, and manager to lead our engineering team which is responsible for Astropad and the Luna Display app. You are someone who prides yourself on being a growth enabler who helps everyone around you do better.
- Lead our app engineering team and manage 3 senior engineers. You will be the ambassador for our mighty engineering team.
- Report to the head of product and work together to define the product roadmap and vision for the future of our products.
- Organize software releases, manage QA, regression testing, bug risk analysis, and coordinate logistics for our public beta releases.
- Define the best engineering practices, analyze tech. debt and define procedures.
- Code & debug small features/bug fixes.
- 30% Managing, 30% Writing/Debugging Code, 30% Operations, 10% of precision error.
- A people person with excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to work well with all levels of engineering
- 4+ years of industry experience in software development, including previous experience as a lead.
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineering manager.
- Advanced knowledge of C & Objective-C.
- A systems approach to software development: comfortable talking about software architectures and complex systems.
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats.
- Street-smarts and trust in your gut
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally with technical and non-technical teams.
Education & Experience
- Advanced degree in Computer Science preferred
- Startup environment experience preferred
- Experience with image compression and video codecs are a plus
- Experience with network communication a plus
- Know the sound of one hand clapping
- We lead with empathy: We believe in kindness, empathy, assuming good intentions and finding mutual understanding from our teammates, customers, and users.
- We lean into vulnerability: We’re not afraid to ask for help or give and receive feedback. We build off our failures and don’t shy away from tough conversations.
- We rise above the status quo: The status quo leads to pain for our co-workers and our customers. We do our best to rise above the status quo, and to do things that no one else are doing. On an individual level, we improve ourselves and are always learning.
About Astro HQ
We are a small (<15 people), bootstrapped startup founded by a team of ex-Apple engineers. Our tools are used by tens of thousands of creative pros and some of the largest animation studios in the world, and we are just getting started! We are looking for people passionate about building the next generation of tools that unlock creativity to join our team.
We are a fully remote company with a small office in Minneapolis, MN.
- Remote work (or our office in Minneapolis, MN)
- $300/month for a coworking space (if remote)
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive pay + equity
- Health & dental insurance
- Parental leave
- 3 weeks vacation
- Challenging and creative work
- High impact and significant responsibility
- 1-week company retreat every ~6 months
How to Apply
To apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Make sure your message includes the following:
- The email title should say: “For Le Corbusier: Cocoa Eng Manager”
- Attach your resume in PDF
- Mention how you heard about us
- Tell us your biggest achievement in less than 50 words