Location: Minneapolis, MN
Experience Level: Mid-level or above
We are Astro HQ and we build hardware and software tools that unlock creativity and productivity. Tools like:
- Astropad – Software that turns the iPad into a high-end drawing tablet.
- Luna Display – The first hardware solution that turns the iPad into a wireless second display.
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our team. You should be able to take new, highly technical ideas and prototypes to robust, factory-ready implementations. We are looking for someone that is curious, always learning, and wants to make a big impact as part of a small team.
- Design and commercialize new electronic hardgood products
- Design verification, debugging, and manufacturing test fixtures
- Collaborate on a daily basis with our semi-remote team via Slack
Skills & Requirements
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in development of electronic products
- Proficiency creating multi-layer, high-speed designs in electronic CAD programs, such as Altium Designer
- Experience with debugging and verification tools, including oscilloscopes, impedance and signal analyzers
- Familiarity with domestic and international regulatory compliance standards and practices
- Self-starter with a passion for product development
What distinguishes you?
- Prior design experience with USB 3.1/USB-C (10Gbps)
- Prior experience creating display devices using DisplayPort or HDMI
- Some experience using mechanical CAD tools, such as Pro-E, Inventor, or Solidworks
- Ability to use prototyping tools, such as 3D printers, drills, saws, soldering irons, etc
About Astro HQ
We are a small, bootstrapped startup founded by a team of ex-Apple engineers. Our tools are used by tens of thousands of creative pros and some of the largest animation studios in the world, and we are just getting started! We are looking for people passionate about building the next generation of tools that unlock creativity to join our team.
We are a semi-remote company with a small office in Minneapolis, MN. If this sounds interesting to you, please get in touch!
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive pay + equity
- Health & dental insurance
- Parental leave
- 3 weeks vacation
- Challenging and creative work
- High impact and significant responsibility
To apply please send an email to email@example.com,
Make sure your message includes the following:
- The email title should say: “For Rothko: Senior Hardware Engineer”
- Attach your resume in PDF
- Say where you heard about us
- Tell us about your biggest achievement in less than 50 words.