Location: Minneapolis, MN or Remote
Experience Level: Mid-level or above
We are Astropad and we build hardware and software tools that unlock creativity and productivity. Tools like:
- Astropad Studio – Software that turns the iPad into a high-end drawing tablet.
- Luna Display – The first hardware solution that turns the iPad into a wireless second display.
We are looking for a Rust & iOS Software Engineer to join our team. We are looking into rewriting some key components of our platform in Rust to take advantage of the language portability, performance, and safety.
Our goal is to bring our core tech over to multiple platforms. Currently, our stack is a combination of Objective-C, C++, C, and Assembly.
We are looking for someone that is curious, always learning, and wants to make a big impact as part of a small team. (We are 13 in total!)
- Determine the best approach to move our core tech to Rust
- Port existing Objective-C code to Rust
- Work on cross-platform infrastructure targeting Mac and Windows
- Develop new features for Astropad and Luna Display
- Develop test suites and internal tools
- Collaborate on a daily basis with our engineering team via Slack and GitHub
- Experience with Rust
- Experience with iOS or MacOS development
- Familiarity with Objective-C and C++
- Familiarity with Windows
- Has experience shipping products
- Self-starter with a passion for product development
We are a small, bootstrapped startup founded by a team of ex-Apple engineers. Our tools are used by tens of thousands of creative pros and some of the largest animation studios in the world, and we are just getting started! We are looking for people passionate about building the next generation of tools that unlock creativity to join our team.
We are a fully remote company with a small office in Minneapolis, MN.
- Remote work (or our office in Minneapolis, MN)
- $300/monthly stipend towards a co-working space
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive pay + equity
- Health & dental insurance
- Parental leave
- 3 weeks vacation
- Challenging and creative work
- High impact and significant responsibility
- 1-week company retreat every ~6 months
To apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure your email message includes the following:
- The email title should say: “For Banksy: Rust + iOS Engineer”
- Mention how you heard about us
- Tell us your biggest achievement in less than 50 words
- Attach your resume in PDF